If you’re looking to create an unusual dish with an Indo-Chinese flavour, this spring roll recipe is the one for you. Here’s how you make it.
Ingredients for Mango Shrimp Spring Rolls
- 400g shrimp in shells
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 mango
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 bunch of Greens
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- Rice paper wrappers
How to Make Mango Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Boil or steam the shrimps
- When the shrimp are done and have turned pink, put them in some iceor icewater for a few minutes to stop them cooking and becoming tough.
- Peel and slice shrimps in half. Then season them with soy sauce.
- Peel and slice the mango in to long pieces. Sprinkle evenly with the chilli powder
- Put the rice paper wrappers in a hot water and let it sit until it becomes flexible. Don’t let them sit for too long or they will become too soft to use.
- Divide the shrimp, mango and greens between the rice paper wrappers, tuck and roll up. Serve immediately.
Interesting Facts About Shrimps
Shrimps, (also known as prawns) are found throughout the world but most of the supply sold to consumers comes from the coastal waters of the USA, Japan, Thailand and Taiwan. They come in many shapes and sizes and there are over an incredible 300 different species harvested! Of these species, thousands of edible varieties are available. Even though we probably know them well for their pretty pink colour when they are cooked, they can be found in shades of pinks, greys, browns or yellows.