Here’s how to make delicious mango ice cream at home.
Ingredients for Mango Ice Cream
- 1 cup of Ripe Mangos (about 1-2 mangos)
- 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup of honey, maple syrup or agave nectar (add as required, depending on sweetness of the mangos)
How to Make Mango Ice Cream
- Peel and slice the mangos.
- Once you have your mango flesh, add it to a blender or food processor and blend until you have a lovely smooth puree.
- Pour the cream in to a large bowl and whip until quite thick. Be careful not to over whip or it will become grainy.
- Stir in the mango puree and the vanilla extract until well combined. Taste the mixture for sweetness and then add enough syrup/honey to give it a good balanced flavor.
- Pour this mixture in to a freezable container and place in a freezer.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours and remove from the freezer. Give it a good stir to incorporate all of the formed ice crystals and return to the freezer for another 2-4 hours. This will give it a really creamy texture when you come to serve it.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before needing it. Scoop in to balls and serve simply on it’s own, as a refreshing dessert.
- You could add chopped nuts, coconut cream, crystalized ginger, a wafer biscuit or crystalized mint leaves as an extra touch.
Health Benefits of Mangos
- Full Of Vitamin A to promote good eye health.
- Full of Vitamin C, pectin and fibre to help lower cholesterol and boost the immune system.
- Have a low glycemic index, so when eaten in moderation they will not cause spikes in blood sugar levels.
- Full of fibre to help with digestion and gut health
- Full of anti-oxidant and anti-ageing properties, assisting with the protection against heart disease, stroke and some cancers.