Here’s how to make succulent restaurant-style Indo-Chinese Chilli Chicken at home.
Ingredients for Indo-Chinese Chilli Chicken
- 250g chicken breasts
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion
- ½ red bell pepper – cut in to small chunks
- 2 green chillies finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp of ketchup
- 1 tsp lime juice
- spring onions for garnish
How to Make Restaurant-Style Chilli Chicken
- Cut the chicken in to bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, ginger-garlic paste,chilli powder, 1 tsp soy sauce and black pepper.
- Cover the chicken pieces in the mixture.
- Heat half the the oil in a wok or skillet. Add the chicken and stir fry over a medium heat until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil and then add the onions, ginger, garlic, and green chillies. Saute until the onions turn translucent and the spices have softened.
- Then add the other remaining tsp of soy sauce, lime juice and tomato ketchup. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Return the fried chicken pieces to the pan and add the bell pepper.
- Add 2-3 tbsp water and cover the pan. Cook for 4-5 mins until the chicken is cooked through the pepper softened.
- Serve hot, garnished with spring onions.