These vegetarian cutlets have a deliciously moreish texture and are easy to make. Here’s how to do it!
Ingredients for Indian Veg Cutlets
- 2 medium potatoes
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 medium carrots
- ½ cup cauliflower
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Breadcrumbs (vegan and gluten-free options available)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
How to Make Indian Veg Cutlets
- Bake the potatoes for one hour (pierced with a fork) or peel them and boil them until tender.
- In a large separate saucepan, boil some water. Peel and slice the carrots. Add them to the pan for 3-4 minutes. Chop the cauliflower in to florets and add to the carrots. Cook the carrots further with the cauliflower. When both are nearly cooked and soft, add the peas and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Mash the cooked vegetables but leave them slightly chunky.
- Mix in the spices and ginger.
- Mash the boiled potatoes, or scoop out the flesh from the potatoes if you baked them. Add to the vegetables and mix well.
- With wet hands, form the cutlets and coat them in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry these cutlets on a medium heat until both sides have become golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or as suggested above.