Fried rice is a favorite for a reason! It’s a traditional dish throughout much of East, South, and Southeast Asia and comes in countless variations. This recipe is jampacked with flavor—thanks to the mix of cinnamon, chili powder, and garam masala—plus the cashews, which add extra texture. It’s also incredibly simple to make, perfect for hectic evenings when you need something quick. It’s no surprise that people have been enjoying versions of fried rice for centuries.
Ingredients for Indian Style Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 cups of cooked basmati rice
- 500 gr of vegetables (green beans, peas, sweet peppers, mushrooms, …)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam-masala
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
- 8-10 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
How to Make Indian Style Vegetable Fried Rice
- Cut all the vegetables
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and cashew nuts, fry until lightly browned.
- Add the vegetables and fry until done.
- Add spices.
- Add rice, mix thoroughly and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly.