This juice drink has some fantastic additions, that adds both taste and even more health benefits than just a basic carrot juice. A good portion of ginger root has been added and it’s this element that brings a great cleanse to our bodies.
Ingredients for Detox Carrot Juice
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 large red apple
- ½ inch of ginger root
- ½ tsp turmeric
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
How to Make Indian Style Carrot Juice
- Peel the carrots and chop in to large pieces. Peel and core the apple and also cut in to large pieces. Add these to a blender.
- Peel the ginger. A good tip on how to do this, can be found here: –
- Add the peeled ginger, turmeric and lemon to the blender with the carrot and apple and process until smooth.
- Pour in to 2 glasses and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
Health Benefits of This Carrot Juice Recipe
- Ginger stimulates digestions, circulation and sweating. It is thought that it’s digestive ability may serve to cleanse the build up of waste and toxins in the liver and colon so a great assistance for a detox!
- As an anti-inflammatory, ginger has been used for hundreds of years to assist with joint pain, localised inflammation and even as an analgesia.
- As a digestive aid, ginger has been proven to help with stomach issues, such as constipation, bloating and upset stomach.
Tumeric has also been added as another element to help this juice to be a great cleanse. It is known that the everyday battle with chemicals, toxins in our food, drink and even the air we breath, can play havoc with our wellbeing. Turmeric has been proven to provide great support to the liver, that is busy tying to process these toxins that are entering our body.
Cinnamon is another addition to your diet that would also help with a detox. It has a great anti-inflammatory ability that calms the body and helps fight infection. A small amount of cinnamon in this drink will also add another layer of taste.
Carrot and ginger is a wonderful flavour combination that is both refreshing and sweet. Apple has also been added for more sweetness, which balances the earthy turmeric, warm ginger and sharp lemon. Give your taste buds a work out and your body a well deserved rest.