Crispy Chilli Baby Corn makes a wonderful side dish for an Indo-Chinese meal. Here’s how you make them.
Ingredients for Crispy Chilli Baby Corn
- 1 cup baby corn
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of cilantro
- 1/2 inch piece of root ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- To Serve
- 1-2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 lime cut in to wedges
How to Make Crispy Chilli Baby Corn
- Blend the cilantro, ginger, garlic,chilli, cumin and sugar in a small food processor.
- Remove this mix and place in a non-metallic bowl.
- Add the baby corn and toss gently so they are totally covered in the spices.
- Let them sit to marinade for at least half an hour, but longer if you can. More flavour will develop the longer it sits.
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add the baby corns and fry on high flame for 2 minutes, charring them slightly to give them a lovely smoky taste.
- Garnish with the sliced tomatoes and lime wedges. Serve Hot.
Health Benefits of Baby Corn
- Full of Vitamin C – to help with skin rejuvenating and improving our immune systems.
- Full of Vitamin Folic Acid and B6 – to assist with hormones and energy and great to stock up on in early pregnancy.
- A Good Source of Carotenoids – offering protection against heart disease and lowering cholesterol.
- As an Anti-Oxidant – lowering the risk of cancers as it deals with the free radicals running around our bodies.
- Contains Potassium – to assist with lowering blood pressure.