Start the day right with this decadent aloo paratha recipe! It’s the breakfast of choice for countless people across India and Pakistan, and it’s of course very popular with vegetarians. Simple and tasty, this dish is sure to become a favourite in your household too. My recipe will show you how to make both the bread dough and the filling, which consists of potatoes, alongside green onions, cilantro, mint, and spices. Pair with some chutney or a lassi for the ultimate breakfast!
Ingredients for Aloo Paratha
- 350 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3/4 cup water as necessary
- 1-2 tbsp yogurt (optional)
- 4-5 potatoes – 4-5 pcs.
- 4 tbsp cilantro
- 4 tbsp green onion
- 1 tbsp ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Mint
- 0,5 tsp paprika
How to Make Aloo Paratha
- Add the ghee, yogurt and salt to the flour. Gradually, adding water and mix elastic dough.
- Stir the dough for 5-7 minutes. Cover with a food film and leave to rest at room temperature for 25-30 minutes.
- Peel potatoes, cut into small pieces and boil until done. Mash potatoes, leaving small pieces.
- Add cilantro, grinded ginger, mint and all spices. Mix everything well.
- Divide the filling and dough into 4 parts. Roll the first part of the dough in a circle about 8-10 cm. Place the potato mixture in the center and gently prick the edges.
- Heat frying pan. Fry from two sides until the golden.
- Repeat with the remaining filling and dough.
- Serve hot bread with yoghurt, sour cream, chutney or sauce to taste.